21 DAY DANIEL'S FAST
SEVEN PILLARS CHURCH
Daniel’s Fast 2020
FROM JANUARY 13,6:00am
THROUGH FEBRUARY 3,6:00pm
The Lord has called upon us to complete a 21-day Daniels Fast. 2020 has begun and we believe that this is going to be a year of the restoration of powerful worship and war as we invade new territory and set our view on crossing the threshold into the purpose of God set before us. This fast is the first-fruit of this advancement and moving forward. Please, if God places it on your heart, join us for this important season of seeking God and crying out to Him for His mighty outstretched hand to move and accomplish His Will both in and through each and every one of us for this new year. This is a crucial time and season in the Kingdom of God.
Fasting is mentioned over fifty times in the Bible both in the old and New Testaments. Fasting is a powerful experience when performed with the right motive and with the heart abased and humbled before God. We see the examples of fasting for various reasons throughout scriptures. Our example, for 2020, is taken from Luke 2:37:
And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
Anna was a prophetess who served (which means she worshipped) in the Temple of God day and night with fastings (various forms of fasting) and prayer.
The theme God has given us for 2020 is CROSSING THE THRESHOLD. As we cross the threshold into a "Temple Experience" with God, we, too, desire to become like Anna, residing in the house, or in the presence of the LORD day and night living a life of worship and prayer!
Join with us in prayer and fasting as we focus our attention on living a life of WORSHIP, as we CROSS THE THRESHOLD into a new, refreshing experience in God, in His Temple!
The type of fast we will be doing is a “Daniel’s Fast”. The intention of the present day's Daniel Fast is not to duplicate exactly what Daniel did, rather it is to duplicate the spirit in which he did it. Daniel’s passion for the LORD caused him to hunger and thirst more for spiritual food than for physical food, which should be the desire of anyone choosing to participate in this type of fast. Try not to get too hung up on what you should and shouldn’t eat. The most important part of the Daniel Fast is that you deny yourself physically so that you may seek the Lord in prayer and grow closer to Him. Your fast may look a little different than someone else’s, and that’s fine. Some people may need to be stricter than others in their food choices so that their fast is a sacrifice for them.
The following food guidelines are meant to be just that – a guide. They are given to help you create boundaries for your fast.
The Daniel Fast Food List
· All fruit – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
· All vegetables – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
· All whole grains – amaranth, barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, millet, and whole wheat.
· All nuts & seeds – almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds; unsweetened almond milk. Nut butters are also included.
· All legumes – canned or dried; black beans, black eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, and split peas.
· All quality oils – avocado, coconut, grapeseed, olive, peanut, sesame, and walnut.
· Beverages– distilled water, filtered water, and spring water.
· Other – unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, or soy milk; herbs, spices, salt, pepper, unsweetened coconut flakes, seasonings, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, soy products, and tofu.
Foods to Avoid on the Daniel Fast
· All meat & animal products – bacon, beef, buffalo, eggs, fish, lamb, poultry, and pork.
· All dairy products – butter, cheese, cream, milk, and yogurt.
· All sweeteners – agave nectar, artificial sweeteners, brown rice syrup, cane juice, honey, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, stevia, and sugar.
· All leavened bread & yeast – baked goods and Ezekiel bread (if it contains yeast and honey).
· All refined & processed food products – artificial flavorings, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, white flour, and white rice.
· All deep-fried foods – corn chips, French fries, and potato chips.
· All solid fats – lard, margarine, and shortening.
· Beverages – alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea, and tea.
Info Source: (https://ultimatedanielfast.com/ultimate-daniel-fast-food-guidelines/)